HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
I hope you all had a great Hogmanay and that this year treats you well. Today’s post is becoming a staple yearly occurrence here so it would be wrong if I didn’t do it. Although I am going to flip the order and do my resolutions and goals first and then the tag at the end because I think my goals/resolutions are probably more interesting haha. Anyway, let’s stop rambling and just tell you what my goals are because there are a few categories this year.
- Firstly, I want to continue sticking to my schedule that I decide on each month which has to be at least 3 posts a week but hopefully more.
- I would love to hit 2000 followers, I am currently about 700 away from this
- And the last blogging goal is that I would really like to get over 2000 views in a singular month. Last year I managed 1.9K in August and September so if I could just get that little bit more that would be great.
- My main book goal this year is to read at least 52 Books. I managed 74 this year but that is crazy high for me, so I thought 52 would be challenging but reasonable.
- I want to read 10 books that I already own because I have a very large TBR already that I need to try and make a dent in. I also set this goal last year and didn’t manage it so it would be good to try better this year.
- I also want to read 20 books that are not on my University Course. As I study English Lit I read a lot of books not because I want to but because I have to and so I want to make sure I try and read for myself too.
- Lastly, I want to try to read at least 20 paperback/hardback books. I have recently been basically exclusively reading using my kindle app because of Netgalley so I’d like to get back into physical books because again I have a lot of them to get to as my shelves are overflowing with unread books.
- I don’t have many yearly goals for myself but the first is to try and stop biting my nails. I have been a nail-biter for as long as I can remember. I have tried everything. I have been trying to quit for years and never managed it but I still try every year so it’s compulsory that I try again this year haha.
- I also want to finish the first draft of a novel because I need goals to have any motivation whatsoever
- I want to relearn the piano. I used to play when I was in high school but my keyboard broke and my dad has talked about buying a new one so he can learn and I would definitely like to get back to it also.
So that’s all the goals. I might add some more personal ones if I can think of any at a later date but the bookish/blogging ones are set in stone and that’s all I really want to push myself to do. Hopefully I can manage them all! What goals have you made for the year if any?
New Years Resolutions Tag:
I found this tag two years ago on Bookish Queen Blog and liked the questions. The original creator of this tag was Charr Frears. I hope you enjoy. I’ll breifly mention what I chose in my past attempts at this tag if it pertains to the answer.
1. An author you’d like to read (that you’ve never read before).
In 2017 I said Sarah J. Maas and in 2019 I said Maggie Stiefvater…and well…let’s just say that they both firmly still fit into the category haha. But I will pick another for this year – I really want to read Leigh Bardugo because of the Tv series I’ve been hearing about. I own the Shadow and Bone series so that would probably be first on the list.
2. A book you’d like to read.
Again, 2017 I said One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus, and last year I said The Pisces by Melissa Broder and I haven’t read either of these. (Except about 20 pages of the latter but I’m not counting that.) So, this time I am choosing Chasing Lucky by Jenn Bennett because I adore her writing and I am yet to have purchase this or read it.
3. A classic you’d like to read.
I chose Frankenstein last year because I knew it was on my course….let’s just say that didn’t turn out well because I did not enjoy it at all so hopefully this years pick will be better. This term I have to read Mansfield Park by Jane Austen so I am excited for that!
4. A book you’d like to re-read.
I adore rereading and it’s hard to know what I will pick up but recently I have been wanting to reread the Mary Quinn Mysteries by Y. S. Lee which are some of my favourite historical spy novels. I also always reread the Mad World Series every year so it’s likely that that will also make an appearance.
5. A book you’ve had for ages and want to read.
2017 – Twilight Eclipse by Stephanie Meyers
2019 – Matched by Ally Condie
This year I want to read The Recruit by Robert Muchamore because I have had that for years and I did start it but never finished it so I will need to start from the beginning again.
6. A big book you’d like to read.
As I have said before, I hate reading big books. I have zero interest in them, I guess I just don’t have the patience for it but I did receive Crave by Tracy Wolff on Netgalley and its 500ish pages so I will need to read that eventually.
7. An author you’ve previously read and want to read more of.
Joss Stirling was the first to come to mind. I adored reading her Struck series this year so I want to get to the Benedict series but I just haven’t been in the mood for fantasy recently, hence why I keep putting it off.
8. A book you got for Christmas and would like to read.
I actually didn’t get any books for Christmas. I am far too fussy of a reader for people to buy for I guess. I did get money so I could buy whichever books I liked so I just need to make that decision.
9. A series you want to read from start to finish.
I haven’t been gravitating towards series recently so this is a tough pick but I recently received the Murder Girl series by Lisa Renee Jones via Netgalley so I cannot wait to read that!
10. A series you want to finish that you’ve already started.
I recently read the first book in Helena Dixon’s Underhay Mysteries series and I enjoyed that so I do hope to read more of those this year.
11. Do you set reading goals? If so, how many books do you want to read in 2020?
You already had to read the list once before so I am not going to force you through that again. Anyway, that’s the first post of 2021 written! I hope you enjoyed. I want to hear all of your goals below so we can go through the trials together. Have a great day and I will see you on Monday for another post!