How was your weekend? As you’re reading this I am currently still away for a little caravan break with my parents and I’m sure I am having a great time. I’m just praying that the weather is good.
Anyway, I have very very kindly been nominated to do the Mystery Blogger Award by my friend at Random Specific Thoughts. She is amazing and just one of the sweetest girls I have ever had the pleasure of chatting to in the blogging community. So I totally think you need to check her out and give her some love.
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
3. Mention the creator of the award.
This award was created by Okoto Enigma. Check out her blog here!!
4. Answer the questions you were asked.
5. Tell the readers three things about you.
6. Nominate 10-20 bloggers.
7. Notify the bloggers (tell them you nominated them) by commenting on one of their posts.
8. Ask your nominees five questions with one weird or funny one.
9. Share a link to your best posts.
Three Things About Me:
- If I could have any job I would be a full-time writer of YA. This is quite a goal and it may not happen, but I will one day publish my writing – despite it not being my full-time job.
- I love Gin Liqueurs. The Edinburgh Raspberry Gin is my favourite. (Don’t worry, 18 is the legal drinking age here in Scotland)
- I am a massive fan of musicals and I have acted in quite a few when I was younger. I am considering signing up to my Universities performance of Be More Chill this year, provided it is allowed to go ahead with Covid and all.
My Best Posts:
I wouldn’t say they were necessarily my best, but they are certainly the posts I am most proud of –
Questions I was Asked:
1.Who or what is your biggest inspiration and why?
I don’t really know what inspires me. I think it’s a culmination of a lot of small things. I would say I am a very stubborn, but also ambitious person. An example of this was when I was 14, my parents met with my maths teacher at parents evening. For context, I wasn’t great at maths, I was a D student at NAT 4 level. I didn’t enjoy it in the same way I did with English and History and other more writing based subjects. And my Maths teacher told my parents that I should just give up on maths, that I was never going to be an A student at NAT 5 and that it was a waste of time for me to try and continue. I was so mad. Who is he to tell me what I am capable of? So I put in the effort…like a lot of effort. On top of all my school work and the homework I did roughly another 3 hours of maths study every week. It took me 2 years of doing this but I got my grades up. Boy it was tough and I hated it but when I got that A I have never been more smug and happy in my life. My teacher couldn’t even look me in the eye after that. It was definitely a really big inspiration for me. If he hadn’t have said that to me then I wouldn’t have tried to improve my grades and I probably wouldn’t have gotten to uni without that grade. I don’t want to be soppy and say my biggest inspiration was myself, but it definitely has an element of that to it. He challenged me and because I am as stubborn as I am, I wasn’t going to let him underestimate me, or let him be right. And when I did achieve the A it made me see that if I put in the effort I could prove anyone wrong and do whatever it was that I wanted to do.
2.Have you ever seen a ghost? Or would you want to?
I have never seen a ghost, and I don’t think I would want to. I don’t believe in ghosts and I am such a scaredy cat I would never survive seeing a ghosts hahaha.
3.Which is your favourite book and why?
That is such a hard question for a book lover like myself, but the first book that came to mind was Fall from Grace by Christine Zolendz. It’s definitely an 18+ read, but it is also just so amazing. Brilliantly funny, so dramatic, really unpredictable plot. Just 10/10 all round.
4.Have you made any predictions?
I don’t really know what this means? I am amazing at predicting how the murders were done and who the murderer is in TV Shows and Films. I have spent so many hours watching every murder mystery drama you could think of so I have gotten really great at predicting who done it. This is probably the only think I am good at predicting though.
5.Imagine you were fated to remain a fictional character forever. If you could only choose between Voldemort and Dolores Umbridge, whom would you choose?
OR (in case you haven’t read the Harry Potter books)
If you could see the whole world in only one colour, which one would you choose: black or white?
If you know me then you will know I am not a big fan of the harry potter books…don’t come for me please! But this is still easy – I would pick Voldemort 100 times over Dolores. She is so evil.
And I would only see the world in white, because I think it would be so dark and hard to see if it was Black and then I wouldn’t be able to read…or see if spiders were coming to get me.
- Carol from Reading Ladies
- Mani from Mani’s Book Corner
- Elsie from Elsie LMC
- Sam from Dear Bookshelves
- J from Midnight Book Blog
- Micky and Hollis from A Take from Two Cities
- Jana from Reviews from the Stacks
- Sarah from Book Hooked Nook
- Alyssa from Fiction for Teens
- Sarah from The Book’s Whiskers
My Questions for You:
1. Would you rather be able to teleport yourself anywhere in an instant, but always have to take someone with you? Or Would you rather be able to fly, but it takes longer than if you just travelled there normally (walking, train, flying etc) ?
2. What book has had the biggest influence on you?
3. What is your greatest accomplishment in life (multiple is also good!)
4. What would you say are your best and worst personality traits?
5. Do you prefer sweet or savoury snacks when watching a movie or TV show?
That’s all for today! If you have already been tagged and I just tagged you again then I am sorry but I hope you enjoy a new set of questions. I really enjoyed this tag and I feel like you got to know a little bit more about me. I hope you had a great weekend and I will see you all again tomorrow for another post ❤