How was your weekend? I didn’t do much, just chilled with my family, went on a walk, played board games etc. I’m probably going to play some sims later cause I’ve really been in the mood recently. Anyway, I was looking around for a Tag to do today because I was really in the mood for a tag cause I’ve not done one in ages. And as if by magic Sumehda from The Wordy Habitat posted this tag and it was too good to not do! She had seen it on Reads and Thoughts so you should definitely check out both of their answers because who doesn’t love doing a tag!
1. ADAPTATION SNOB: DO YOU ALWAYS READ THE BOOK BEFORE YOU SEE THE MOVIE?
In an ideal world I would…but statistically from all the book-to-movie adaptations I have seen, I almost always see the movie first. I like the idea of having a deeper knowledge of everything – but then also the added disappointment you have when they inevitably fail to create it perfectly.
2. FORMAT SNOB: YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE 1 FORMAT IN WHICH TO READ BOOKS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. WHICH ONE DO YOU CHOOSE: PHYSICAL BOOKS, EBOOKS, OR AUDIOBOOKS?
This is so tough cause I love both…but I have to say Physical books. I’m going through a phase of adoring reading paperbacks. And there’s nothing quite as satisfying as a perfectly organised bookshelf – you can’t get that with an e-book. Even though I adore the capacity you get with an e-book.
3. SHIP SNOB: WOULD YOU DATE OR MARRY A NON-READER?
I definitely would. My boyfriend is not a reader at all. But he willingly listens to my rambles…even if he does look bored ahah. So being a reader definitely isn’t the be-all-end all of my
4. GENRE SNOB: YOU HAVE TO DITCH ONE GENRE – NEVER TO BE READ AGAIN FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. WHICH ONE DO YOU DITCH?
I would give up non-fiction if I could. But If it needed to be in the fiction genre then I would probably pick, high fantasy. It’s not really my thing – I’m much more of a urban fantasy kind of gal.
5. UBER GENRE SNOB: YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE TO READ FROM ONE GENRE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. WHICH GENRE DO YOU CHOOSE?
OMG I don’t know!!! probably romance…or maybe mystery. Can I cheat and use YA as a genre haha.
6. COMMUNITY SNOB: WHICH GENRE DO YOU THINK RECEIVES THE MOST SNOBBERY FROM THE BOOKISH COMMUNITY?
Definitely YA books. I wrote a post on this a while back now, because people think YA is strictly for teens – my opinion is you can read whatever you want when you want because it’s not hurting anyone else for you do to so.
7. SNOBBERY RECIPIENT: HAVE YOU EVER BEEN SNUBBED FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN READING OR FOR READING IN GENERAL?
I think I’m one of the lucky ones who can say no…basically all of my friends read a little bit and we all tended to float in similar genres so if anything we would all be exchanging book recommendations.
I do remember when I went to Uni and moved in to my flat there. While I told my flatmates I had a book blog, I didn’t tell them straight away what kind of books I reviewed incase they would mock me – turns out I got lucky again and while they don’t all adore reading, they definitely appreciate YA and never mock me for it.
Anyway, that’s it for this tag! I’m not the biggest fan of tagging specific people because I almost never get tagged so it feels weird to tag people when I am not tagged myself
– so consider yourself tagged if you want to be. If you do it, tweet me or send me a comment or link or whatever cause I want to see your answers. Have a great day!