I just napped for like 4 hours by mistake…whoops! But boy were they good hours! I am fully refreshed now to write this tag. I saw this Odette Swan do this last week and loved it so definitely check out her blog if you don’t already cause I seriously love everything she does! Plus her blog name is a hint to probably my all-time favourite Disney song! I love book adaptations in every form, even the bad ones get a little respect from me for recognising that it is an incredible book that needs to be shared. I’ve done a top 5 on this before and I’ll link it HERE. I also did another post about adaptations HERE. On top of both of those I also do a whole series of Dream Adaptation posts that you should check out! I should stop rambling and just get on with things…
1. What is the last book adaptation movie you saw?
Not a book-movie adaptation…but I was watching Outlander last night so I’m going to say that.
2. What book movie are you most excited for?
Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie! 100% this is the one I am most hyped for. I am such a fan of murder dramas and Poirot is probably my all time fave! I really liked the first one in this series of remakes (even if they did alter things a little) and I hope this doesn’t let the team down. There is no trailer out yet but hopefully one will be soon.
3. Which upcoming book movie will you definitely NOT see?
Is most of them a bad answer? I’m not that much of a movie fan. It has to be amazing for me to want to check it out cause I so much prefer tv shows. Nothing else that’s coming up has really caught my eye.
4. Which book movie would you NEVER watch again?
Fallen. This one is so easy. I loved the first one in this book series by Lauren Kate but the movie was jumpy and poorly done. The cast was amazing! but something about it’s filming left a lot to be desired.
5. Is there a movie you saw that made you want to read the book, if you hadn’t yet?
Harry Potter. I tried to read the books but they weren’t for me. I’ll stick to the movies.
6. Conversely, is there a movie that made you never want to read the book?
Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging. This film is a cult classic and my flatmates favourite movie of all time. However Georgia drives me up the wall and I only watch the movie cause I am in love with Dave the Laugh.
7. Name an adaptation that has almost nothing to do with the book it’s supposedly based on.
I really can’t think of one. Like I said, I’m not much of a movie gal.
8. Have you ever left the theater during a movie adaptation because it was so bad?
No. I’ve paid money for that, I will endure it to the bitter end. Although I came close with the 5th Wave. So disappointing.
9. Do you prefer to watch the movie first or read the book first?
The book probably? Sometimes I don’t know its a book before I see it and then I watch it and I’m like oh wait is this this. haha.
10. How do you feel about movie adaptations that age characters up? (ex. characters that are in middle-school, but in the movies they’re all 18)
I don’t think I’ve seen anything like this before. I might like it tho cause there making it more relatable to my age. Though it would such if your 14 and sudddenly the character you look up to is now 20 haha
11. Do you get angry when the actors don’t look like you thought the characters looked?
Not at all. I am really bad for visualising myself in roles so sometimes I never even picture what a character looks like. As long as the actor doesn’t butcher the role they can look however they like in my opinion. (Unless it’s quintessential to their role. Like if this buff superhero is played by a not so sporty looking guy – it doesn’t make much logical sense in the role? but if they’re ginger and the character is meant to be blonde – I could not care about that)
12. Is there a movie you liked better than its book?
The Princess Bride. This is my all time favourite film. It’s book counter part is not bad…it’s just a lot of waffle and not much content. The film makes it funny, exciting and just amazing!
13. Name a book that you would love to see as a movie.
The Lux Series, The Lynburn Legacy Series, Easy, The Flynn Series, the Lake Series. There are too many to choose from.
If you liked this and want to have a go then I Tag you to do it!
I hope you enjoyed this! See you tomorrow.